Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Settlement

Mr.Kursi Singh joined my company as a lateral. Unlike the sardars we hear about oft, Mr.Kursi was quite intellectual. He was making a lot of friends and was getting active at work. Days, weeks and months went by, but, there was just one glitch. Even after 8 months at work, if somebody asked him, 'So Kursiji, have you settled down?', he would sigh and reply 'Nahi bhai, not yet!'.
So, what was his problem? Well, the problem indeed was.. Kursi...He just couldn't settle down in one seat! one place! When Kursiji joined,
They allotted North wing seat no 144 -> N-144.He walked to the manager’s cabin and the conversation follows

KS: My team is in the south wing, I can't walk across every time I have a question or an answer. Please shift me closer!
Manager: But we have phones at every desk
KS: But, it is never like seeing face-to-face and talking
Manager: This is an MNC. We'll have questions and answers from onsite too :(
KS: But, that is okay. Atleast here, I want to talk directly
Manager: Okay, I'll work on this.

Kursiji was moved to S-075, South wing. After a couple of days, Kursiji is at the manager’s desk again
KS: I am wearing glasses, and the bijili(no, no, not gujili) right above my head is glaring at me
Manager: Hey, but, there is a light every 3 feet, almost over every desk
KS: You should find a better place, my eyes are itching and I can't see after sometime. It hurts.
Manager:(helpless) I will try to work it out..

Kursiji shifted to SE-002. One corner, where there was no light above, but close to large glass window. Needless to say, KS is at manager's desk
KS: The light thru the window, hits directly on my monitor, and I can's wee anything except the sky
Manager: Aren't there Venetian blinds?
KS: Yeah, when I cover with that, I see the blinds, instead of the sky in my monitor
Manager(sighs) Can't you angle the monitor in such a way that it's not glaring?
KS: Then I have to keep it on the chair, sit on the desk and work, Is that okay?
Manager:(last attempt) I will request the admin to provide extra cover!

As the extra cover could not cover, Kursiji was moved to SW-083

To be continued in the next post as the saga continues...

7 comments:

srivat said...

Yadhviji,

Let me guess what next..
1. Ac Vent too cool to handle
2. When legs outstreched KSji hits the wires in his cpu
3. KSji not able to get a view of his subordinates monitor..so he cannot monitor their work
Aiyoo..Aiyoo..
Ivangalaiyellam thiruthavey mudiyathu..
Managera Vadiveluvavum KSjiya Sathyarajavum nenaichu paatheenganna oru Englishkaran effect varum..

krishis said...

paavamama oru aalu kedaicha pothume, overa nakkal adichu thaliduveengale :-)

Yadhvi said...

You said it srivat! and saved me a post. But there is one more that you left. "Not enough room on the right side to place my hand and move the mouse" Is he going to play Tom&Jerry game?

Anonymous said...

;-) Good sense of humour ... the name said it all ... the first name indicated what the issue is all about and the second name ... well forget it ...

Before the end of his tenure in this office, I guess he would have got to sit in EVERY SINGLE location !!! God help us if he gets to sit in one of the cubicles ...

Anonymous said...

Paavam avar!

Yadhvi said...

krishis,
Velile irundhu paakaravangaluku avar paavam madhiri dhan therium...srivat, naveenan, yadhvi - badhikapatta nabargal

Yadhvi said...

ferrari,
paavam avar 'pakathile utkaaruravanga'